Rebates, Programs & Services
Free Water Wise Survey Program for Homes - the Santa Clara Valley Water District is offering this free service for homeowners in Santa Clara County. Click here for more info.
- Free Large Landscape Survey Program for Businesses and Schools- the Santa Clara Valley Water District is offering this free service for businesses and schools in Santa Clara County. Click here for more info.
- Rebates! For info about rebates for switching out inefficient high-water using landscape with low-water using landscape, go to the Santa Clara Valley Water District's Landscape Rebate Program.
- Graywater Laundry to Landscape Rebate Program - For info about rebates for installing these systems, click here.
- The California Urban Water Conservation Council provides design templates, project planning assistance, and irrigation scheduling tips.
- Green Street Features for your yard and street. Click here for more info.
- San Jose Water Company's Water Wise Plant Database. Click here for more info.
- Demonstration Garden Tours and Locations. Click here for more info.
- California Native Plant Database. Click here for more info.
Nurseries and Irrigation Equipment Suppliers
- Looking for plants that are water-wise? We have a list of local nurseries here.
- For a list of where to buy native plants, the CA Native Plant Society has a list here.
- Here are some local irrigation supply stores that carry water-efficient irrigation equipment. Click here.
- For information about EPA WaterSense-certified products, water-savings tools and tips, and more, click here.
- Landscape Professionals List - For a list of landscape design, construction, and/or maintenance companies that have worked with three or more Santa Clara Valley Water District Landscape Rebate Program participants, click here.
- Qualified Water Efficiency Landscapers (QWEL) List - QWEL is a certification program developed to educate landscape professionals and their customers on the benefits of sound landscape design, management and irrigation practices. Trained in water-wise landscape practices including plant selection, irrigation system design and water management, a QWEL graduate will help meet your landscape needs while keeping your outdoor water use in check. Find a Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper in your area.
- Visit the California Landscape Contractors Association’s Certification Program to learn about certified landscape contractors or click here to view a list of CLCA certified landscape contractors.
- To hire a gardener to maintain your garden using sustainable landscape maintenance practices, contact the Santa Clara Valley Green Gardener Program.
General Gardening Information
- For a comprehensive guide to the Sheet Mulching process, click here.
- Receive advice and resources on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices from Santa Clara County's U.C. Master Gardeners. Click here for more info.
- Promote native plant species biodiversity within your landscape, and learn about the natural ecosystems of Santa Clara Valley: California Native Plant Society. Click here for more info.
- This City of San Jose Sustainable Landscaping Guide will help you make your garden more sustainable. Click here for more info.
- For a list of plants to reduce pollution from stormwater runoff, click here.
- Irrigation scheduling assistance, developed for the San Jose Water Company. Click here for more info.
- The Irrigation Association's webpage has a wealth of irrigation information including online learning, videos and webinars, and technical resources for irrigation professionals as well as Best Management Practices (BMPs) that benefit landscapes, both large and small.
- The Save Our Water webpage has important drought-specific water conservation information about how to help your
- Put Rainwater to good use! For information about harvesting and using rainwater, please click here.